We all celebrate the holiday season differently, but typically, we have one thing in common: we shop. The DiSC profile is a tool to build stronger teams, create better leaders, and improve organizations, and now we can use it to understand ourselves and our fellow shoppers!
D Shopper - Dominant, Direct and Decisive
- Does it all in one day...typically the day before!
- Would prefer you to tell them what you want and where to get it (actually would prefer to give you the cash and you get your own gift).
- Shops online buying gift cards...typically all from the same place!
- Hates long lines, the crowds, traffic jams
I Shopper - Influencing, Interactive and Including
- Loves the pageantry of the season
- Feels bad if not invited to a party!
- Buys "Pretty gifts more than Practical ones"
- Impulse buyer Likes to shop with a friend or friends and make a day of it
- Talks to anyone and everyone
- Sees lines as an opportunity to get to know people!
S Shopper - Supportive, Systematic and Steady
- Makes a list in June and starts buying in July
- Has a list and a plan before leaving the house
- Gifts are thoughtful, practical and often homemade
- Out-of-town gifts are wrapped and sent by Thanksgiving
C Shopper - Conscientious, Cautious and Calculates
- Creates a budget and spreadsheet on who is getting what
- Researches price and buys practical lasting gifts
- Would prefer to compare prices online (another spreadsheet!)
- Hates the crowds and the lines
- Does not want to talk in lines